A series of exercise programmes to assist in the adaptation and recovery of the injured area, soft tissue or bone.
• Use of hydrotherapy pools for muscle strength and development.
• Proprioception techniques such as wobble boards and paper techniques for assistance in enhancing the development of proprioceptors in ligamentous injuries.
• Stability balls.
• Abdominal exercise of stabilisation for spinal injuries and muscle imbalance.
• Graded gait exercises for weight bearing status and return to full function.
• Graded exposure to different footings and gradients.